Saturday, July 2, 2011

Slow Cooker Taco Soup

picture from here (will update when I remember to take a photo of my own)
Ingredients
300 Grams ground beef
1 can enchilada/taco sauce (my store only had taco sauce but it was perfect with it)
2 cups salsa
1 flour tortilla
1 Cup fresh or frozen corn
1/2 Cup grated tasty cheese
1 Can Tomato Sauce
1 Cup Beef Stock
1 teaspoon garlic
1 Can diced Tomato's
optional: 1 can chili/kidney beans (I left it out of mine because I'm not a big fan of either.)

Instructions

1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain
2. Tear tortilla into strips
3. Place ground beef, enchilada sauce, salsa, corn, tomato sauce, beef stock , garlic and diced tomato's in the Slow Cooker, place tortilla strips on top and cook on low for 8 hours or high for five hours
4. Place into bowls and sprinkle cheese on top

Serve

Comments: I made this in a batch with some of the mince I used with the Enchilada Casserole. I ended up making three extra servings of this soup and my plan is to have it for lunch this week (including one meal) It's yummy and filling and I actually had someone turn it on for me when they got up in the morning so it was wonderful smell to wake up to as well, which was why I had it on high for a little under five hours. Next time if I have any I might throw in some sour cream as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment