Sunday, February 13, 2011

Easy Chicken Soup


Ingredients
1 Cup Cooked Spiral Pasta
1 Can Cooked Chopped up Chicken
1 Teaspoon Fresh Pesto
2 Cups Chicken Stock
1 Cup Sour Cream (optional- note did not use it in the above photo)
1 Cup Mixed Frozen Vegetables

Preparation

1. Get a pot, poor in the Chicken Stock and Bring to boil
2. Once Boiling add Chicken and Frozen Vegetables cook for 3-4 minutes
3. Add Pesto and Sour Cream if using, bring to boil again
(If freezing half the meal, stop here and put half of it in a bowl to cool down before adding in a ziplock bag)
4. Add pasta and heat through

Serve

-This dish does make two meals and is filling so it is handy to have the freezable option here.

Comments
I got this from Money wise Mums. It's quick and easy and the pesto added a 'zing' to the recipe that I hadn't managed before. I made this dish without the Sour Cream, but to be honest I do prefer my soups to be a little bit creamy so I'm going to add this to my frozen portion when I decide to have it. However it is just as nice either way

No comments:

Post a Comment